A Guide to Living in Basel
Genusswoche Basel (Indulgence Week Basel)
Discover Basel's variety of culinary delights with picnics, tastings, workshops, and more
The New Blues Giants
As part of Groove Now's Blues Weeks Basel, listen to the best contemporary blues musicians at the Atlantis
Experience Mount Pilatus
A trip to the top Mount Pilatus near Luzern by gondola, cogwheel train, and/or on foot is a must!
When the Cows are Coming Home — Traditional Alpine Descents
Every fall, the return of the cattle from their summer pastures in the mountains into the valleys is celebrated by numerous local festivals
The apple is the most-consumed fruit in Switzerland, but do you know which varieties are best for eating, cooking, and baking?
Music stars from several genres come to Basel for intimate concerts. Get your tickets now!
Did You Know?
- Baloise SessionOctober 27–November 11 If your idea of a perfect night out is to attend a concert of your favorite internationally known music star in an […]
- Switzerland Says Goodbye to Pink Payment SlipsAs of the end of September, pink and orange payment slips are no longer valid and are replaced with QR code payment slips.
- Rerouting of Trams in BaselUntil September 25, several tram lines will be rerouted in Basel's city center.
- Earthquakes in BaselWhy do earthquakes happen in Basel, and what should you do?
- Free Book Exchange ProgramsDespite the availability of digital offers, many people still prefer to read actual printed books. But in most cases, once we have read a book, […]
- Friday Evening Programs at the Fondation Beyeler this AutumnOn 14 Friday evenings, the Fondation Beyeler welcomes visitors for life performances of contemporary art and more.
- Study of Regulated Cannabis Sales in Basel-Stadt PharmaciesA new study of canton Basel-Stadt and the University of Basel examines the effects of regulated cannabis sales for health and public safety
- Swiss National Day Celebrations in the Basel RegionFind out about local Swiss National Day celebrations in your community