A Guide to Living in Basel
Zirkus Olympia will once again be presenting artists, clowns, laughter, and fun
Theater — Christmas Deconstructed: Be Careful What You Wish For!
Basel's English theater group, Semi Circle, presents their fall production of several short plays
Free Ice-Skating Day (Gratis uffs Glattyys)
Enjoy a day of free ice skating at the Eglisee and Margarethen rinks
Panto — Sleeping Beauty
Get your tickets now for this fun traditional English Panto for kids, adults, and anyone in between
Basler Mineralientage (Rocks, Minerals, and Fossils Fair)
This fair is all about minerals, fossils, jewelry, accessories, and related equipment
Enjoy Cheese Fondue Without the Smell
Over the winter months, several locations in Basel offer delicious cheese fondue
Did You Know?
- Christmas Lights Display in the Courtyard of the Basel RathausAn animated light display will illuminate the inner courtyard of the Basel Rathaus (town hall) until Christmas.
- “Noël” Campaign Against Pickpockets and TrickstersPickpockets are especially active this time of year; the Basel-Stadt cantonal police has launched their annual campaign to keep the number of thefts low.
- Securing Your Home During Darker Winter MonthsThe Kantonspolizei Basel-Stadt offers several tips on how to lessen your chances of becoming a victim of a break-in this holiday season.
- Herbstmesse Last Day and Wrap-UpThe 2023 edition of the Basler Herbstmesse ended on Sunday at five of six locations; the site at Petersplatz only ends today.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Recommendation for Autumn/Winter 2023Covid-19 cases are on the rise again, and many people wonder if they should get a vaccine booster.
- Help Choose the New Tram Seats — November 2 Only!Help choose new tram seats on November 2!
- Camps for Kids in the School BreaksIf you would like to keep your kids busy during the school breaks, various organizations offer day camps for all age groups.
- Penguin Walks at the ZooWith the colder weather finally coming, the penguins at the Basel Zoo will soon be resuming their daily walks through the zoo (weather permitting)! The […]