A Guide to Living in Basel
Open Day at Basel's Botanical Garden's New Tropical House
The tropical house, one of the highlight's of University of Basel's botanical garden, has recently been reopened after renovations
Monday Night Skate
Every other Monday throughout the summer, join hundreds of inline skaters for an organized skate through town
This multi-day cultural festival comprises all sectors of the arts, including music, theater, dance, performance, visual arts, and more
Summer Music Festivals Are Coming — Get Your Tickets Now!
Every summer, Switzerland hosts numerous fantastic music festivals with international stars, so get your tickets now!
Pick Your Own Fruits and Vegetables
If you don't have your own garden, several places in the region allow you to pick your own fruits and vegetables
Did You Know?
- Basel’s City Gardeners Give Away Flower Bulbs!In spring, you can admire hundreds of tulips, narcissus, and other plants bloom in city-maintained flowerbeds and planters across town. However, in May these bulbs […]
- Summer Swim ClassesThe Sports Department Basel-Stadt offers swim classes for kids ages 5–13 in the outdoor pools and one indoor pool (Bäumlihof) around Basel during the summer […]
- Increase in Thefts from Bicycle BasketsThe cantonal police in Basel-Stadt has recently recorded a notable increase in thefts from bicycle baskets in the canton—in many cases while the cyclists are […]
- Mobile Forest on Theaterplatz and PyramidenplatzSince May 4, a “mobile forest” has been installed on Theaterplatz and Pyramidenplatz (the square with the pyramids behind Theater Basel). Some 350 indigenous plants […]
- Basel’s Botanical Garden Has a New Tropical HouseThe botanical garden of the University of Basel is one of the oldest botanical gardens in the world. Founded in 1589 by Caspar Bauhin, it […]
- Bicycle Classes for Adult BeginnersIf you would like to enjoy cycling and gain a bit of freedom and independence to get around in this bike-friendly city, the organization Gsünder […]
- Basel Life Announces New PartnershipsBasel Life is very pleased to announce that we are now partnering with two local expat-run resources, “You Belong in Basel” and “Fresh Air Kids […]
- Replacement Bus Service for Tram 14 to PrattelnThe BVB, IWB, and Basel’s construction and transportation department (BVD) has been renovating Hardstrasse in the Gellert neighborhood since January of this year. During the […]