A Guide to Living in Basel
Ship Simulator Day at Transportation Hub
Experience Switzerland's only high-seas ship simulator at the Verkehrsdrehscheibe Schweiz / Hafenmuseum
At the annual Feldschlösschen Oktoberfest, you can experience Bavarian beer, food, and music
John McLaughlin Quintet — The Liberation Tour
John McLaughlin, who has been on the music scene since the 1960s, will be coming to Basel with his quintet
"Keschtenedaag" (Conker Collection Day)
If your children love collecting horse chestnuts in the fall, they can bring them to Lange Erlen on October 4 and even earn some money!
Jasper Johns — The Artist as Collector. From Cezanne to de Kooning
Kunstmuseum Basel's new exhibit shows the breadth of American artist Jasper Johns' activities as a collector of drawings
Cirque du Soleil — OVO
Cirque du Soleil will be bringing its show "OVO" to the Hallenstadion in Zürich — get your tickets now!
Sliding down mountain sides on carts in metal tracks can be fun for the whole family
Did You Know?
- Basel’s Indoor Swimming Pools Are ReopeningBasel's two indoor swimming pools are opening for the winter season.
- ReRenaissance Festival BaselReRenaissance is organizing for the first time an international festival of Renaissance music with more than 50 musicians.
- Organ Donation — Be a Gamechanger!Swisstransplant, the organization that has oversight over organ donations and transplantations, is running a campaign to increase organ donations in Switzerland.
- Organ Festival at Stadtcasino Basel Celebrates the “Queen of Instruments”Most people think organs are found in churches and used for church music. However, organ music is also created and performed in secular contexts.
- Basel Will Soon Be Getting Three New Dog PlaygroundsStarting in early September, there will be three new dog playgrounds at St. Galler-Ring, Schützengraben, and Holbeinplatz.
- Baloise Session Is Coming! Get Your Tickets Now!At this festival, you can listen to local and international stars in an intimate settings. Tickets go on sale August 30 and will go fast.
- The Sinfonieorchester Basel’s New Season Starts Soon!For the Sinfonieorchester Basel, this season’s theme is “Familienbande” (family ties)—for example, when sibling pairs or trios perform with the orchestra.
- School Is Starting — Pay Attention on the RoadsThe new school year is starting soon in Basel and surrounding cantons, and that means that school kids of all ages will be on the […]