Basel’s Indoor Swimming Pools Are Reopening
With the cooler nights and the changing of the foliage comes the closing of Basel’s outdoor pools (Gartenbäder). The outdoor pool at Eglisee closed for the season on September 3, and the outdoor pools at Bachgraben closed on September 24. The heated and illuminated sports pool and the learning pool at St. Jakob will remain open a little longer, until October 6, due to unforeseen repair work on the air dome that will delay the season opening of the covered swimming pool at Eglisee.
Basel’s main indoor pool—the Rialto pool—will remain closed for renovations until the end of August 2024, leaving those who would like to swim after the closure of the outdoor pools, with two indoor options:
- The Schulhallenbad Kirschgarten (Hermann Kinkelin-Strasse 12, 4051 Basel), which opened on September 4.
- The covered swimming pool at Eglisee (Egliseestrasse 85, 4058 Basel), which will open on October 7.
The detailed admission prices, opening times on public holidays, as well as further information can be found on the website of the sports office at https://www.jfs.bs.ch/fuer-sportlerinnen-und-sportler/sportanlagen/hallenbaeder.html.
In addition to these two indoor pools in Basel, there are several indoor pools in the Basel region, including the following:
- Hallenbad Neuallschwil in Allschwil (https://hallenbad-allschwil.ch)
- Hallenbad Binningen (https://www.binningen.ch/de/leben/freizeit-kultur-und-sport/hallenbad.html/979)
- Hallenbad Gitterli in Liestal (https://www.gitterlibad.ch/hallenbad/)
- Hallenbad Muttenz (https://www.muttenz.ch/sport/1770)
- Hallenbad Oberwil (https://www.oberwil.ch/aemter/284)
Other indoor options for swimming and enjoying water fun include the water park and spa Aquabasilea in Pratteln (https://www.aquabasilea.ch/), the wellness world Sole Uno in Rheinfelden (https://www.soleuno.ch/en/), and water park and spa Laguna Badeland, just across the border in Weil am Rhein, Germany (https://www.laguna-badeland.de/).
photo: © erziehungsdepartement des kanton basel-stadtShare