Saving Lives — CPR and Emergency First Aid
This interactive four-hour course builds knowledge and skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and managing life-threatening situations. The opportunity for hands-on practice brings the training alive.
• Assessing a person’s level of consciousness
• Putting an unconscious baby, child, or adult into a safe position (the “recovery position” )
• Giving CPR to babies, children, and adults
• Using an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Acting in the case of drowning
• Recognizing signs and symptoms of a heart attack or a stroke and knowing what to do
• Performing first aid for a choking baby, child, or adult
Participants are accepted from age 14, and the course carries a HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance (valid for 2 years).
Cost is CHF 120, which includes a resuscitation key ring and face shield.
Crossroads International Church of Basel